Monday, April 27, 2015

Sunny day adventures


Something crazy happened in San Diego this weekend...it RAINED! Obnoxious, I know, but this is actually big news since we're in the midst of such a terrible drought. Saturday we were relegated to indoor fun, which was actually kind of nice. Sunday our beloved sunshine was back, so we decided to head out on a little adventure.

Dan had the reserves, so I took the kids hiking in Rancho Penasquitos Canyon Preserve. I had been here a few times before for trail runs with my friends, but had never been here for a hike. There are a ton of trails to choose from, which makes it even more fun. The kids got to pick our route and had a good time charging ahead down different paths. At the end, I let the kids play for a bit in the stream, which was another huge hit!