Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Carlsbad

Whew! I'm very happy to say my second marathon is officially behind me! Last Sunday I ran the Carlsbad Marathon with my friend, Lauren. This was Lauren's first marathon so her only goal was to finish. I set my sights on beating my last marathon time. I'm pleased to say I beat my time by almost 9 minutes and came in at 3:41:46.

The heartbreaking news is that I missed my Boston qualifying time by 1:46. That being said, that wasn't the point of this race so I can't be really upset. It was a perfect day, beautiful run and I had the absolute best cheering crew at the finish line. Next up: Mountain to Beach in Ventura, CA in May. The race in almost entirely downhill so that, my friends, is the golden goose!
 Best pit crew ever (plus my amazing hubs, of course!)