Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mac's AWESOME LEGO birthday

The thing I love about a six-year-old birthday party is the transition from "family event" to a party for the kids. Last year I realized we were spending a small fortune on parties not so much for the kids, but for the adults! This year was our golden opportunity to host a "drop off party" which in truth is more fun for everyone.
Mac and his motorized dump truck - so proud! 

Mac wanted to have a LEGO party this year, so I found a LEGO engineer to come to the house and help the kids build motorized dump trucks. When the engineer first showed us the build, I had a minor panic attack. The design was much more complicated than I thought it would be. Thankfully the kids were amazing and proved me wrong. With a little help from the adults, everyone was able to build their dump truck and get it working.
 This is what it looks like when you try to get 14 kids to smile into the sun...
BIG birthday wish! 

The best part of the party was getting to see Mac interact with his buddies. He's getting so old and developing his own little relationships. It makes me smile (and cry a little) to see my baby getting so big!